Wednesday 24 March 2010

Welcome to the assorted ramblings of an EDH addict

Welcome to Together for EDH or "TogEDHer" if you're sporting a thick Dublin accent. This is a very short introduction to my new blog about all things EDH and other random thoughts as they come to me. Feel free to join in.

I started playing EDH two years ago moving around generals until, after a couple of months, I landed on Rafiq of the Many which quickly became my signature general. Since then, and after many, many experiments I have developed two other decks, Azusa, Lost but Seeking and more recently Thada Adel, Acquisitor, which is a work in progress. Azusa in particular has captured my attention more than any other general as it's very much a deck that relies on strong interactions rather than a good-stuff deck (Thada) or a threat density deck (Rafiq - essentially any creature is better with Rafiq out, then it's just a question of going for impact and redundancy)

I live and play in France which can occasionally cause some difficulties due to the French EDH community having a penchant for pick-up or 1v1 games using the EDH rule structure but a different ban list but that topic is one for another day. I have the huge opportunity to have my full playgroup at work which allows us to play every day in different formats (1v1, 2HG or chaos depending on how many are present or interested in playing EDH) The current most popular format is EDH 2HG which is a great mix of multiplayer married to the increased power level of duel play. You lose a lot of the politicking involved in regular EDH chaos games however so it's not my personal favourite format. It does allow me to hide my early-game weakness when playing Thada Adel behind the strong front of my partners' Uril, GAAIV, Sharuum etc. A definite plus!

That's about it for the introduction. I'm intending to go into some Duel Vs Multiplayer issues, ban lists, my personal favourite decks and cards as well as looking at some of the insanely good stuff that RoE looks to be throwing our way: Uril & Jhoira are drooling over what's to come! I'm sure a lot of other generals are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment