Saturday 29 January 2011

Balthor Bob Listed

Wow, has it really been so long since I built my Balthor deck? I realised when I printed up my list of current decks that, while the generals may still be pretty up-to date, the contents surely weren't. I'm going to have to do an overhaul of all of them once I get the Mirrodin Besieged cards I'm interested in.

Munke has asked for a full list for my Balthor deck. I've done a flavour piece already which you can read through the link above. I must stress that this is one of my "fun" decks where the object is to lurch in with Zombies rather than a minor Zombie theme in an MBC deck. It also has a huge and obvious weakness to Tormod's Crypt & similiar which I've decided to just accept as a necessary evil. If you want to play a Balthor deck seriously, you'll need to address that.

Balthor, the Defiled

Land:
30 Swamps
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
Cabal Coffers
Leechridden Swamp
Dakmor Salvage
Darksteel Citadel

Zombies:
Twisted Abomination
Geth
Corpse Connoisseur
Cairn Wanderer
Corpse Harvester
Noxious Ghoul
Vengeful Dead
Grave Defiler
Escaped Null
Graveborn Muse
Gravedigger
Soulless One
Undead Warchief
Viscera Dragger
Fleshbag Maurader
Death Baron
Lord of the Undead
Cemetary Reaper
Phyrexian Ghoul
Shepherd of Rot
Yixlid Jailer
Rotting Rats
Cabal Interrogator
Carion Feeder
Maggot Carrier

Non-Zombies:
Grave Titan
Puppeteer Clique
Thrashing Wumpus
Plague Spitter
Phyrexian Rager
Bloodghast
Nether Traitor
Reassembling Skeleton

Artifacts:
Coat of Arms
Door of Destinies
Brittle Effigy
Expedition Map
Sensei's Divining Top
Nim Death-Mantle
Skullclamp
Lightning Greaves

Enchantments:
Bloodchief Ascension
Zombie Infestation
Grave Pact
Bitterblossom
Infernal Genesis

Spells:
Damnation
Patriarch's Bidding
Living Death
Reanimate
Zombify
Beacon of Unrest
Stitch Together
Rise from the Grave
Cruel Revival
Buried Alive
Mutilate
Corrupt
Tendrils of Corruptions
Go for the Throat
Diabolic Edict
Sadistic Sacrement
Sign in Blood
Skeletal Scrying
Exsanguinate

So nothing special (in fact, it needs a lot of work!)

Notes to self: Skinrender is a Zombie.

Edit: I traded at the MBS pre-release for some cards and have switched out Infectious Horror, a Swamp, Quest for the Gravelord, Soul Burn and Terror for Go for the Throat, Damnation, Coat of Arms, Door of Destinies and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth. Skinrender will go in too, probably for a spell and I will be adding a Mimic Vat once I get my hands on a copy.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Those are some damn good upgrades, sir. I think Door of Destinies is underrated in Tribal decks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. They are only the first volley, I have to work in some means to churn through the deck a little faster. A slow draw is very slow and it's choked on mana twice this week so I may put in the obligatory 3-5 mana stones.

    I'm trying really hard to keep it tribal and avoid turning it into a mono-B good-stuff deck. I finally picked up a Nantuko Husk and a Foil Skinrender at work yesterday so they will go in.

    There's also a few cards that are over in the Wrexial version of my Thada Adel deck that may come over here. I'm in the process of deciding to reconvert it back to Thada Adel and creating a more traditional UB-Control deck from the cards that get cut from there and the non-zombie staples in my collection. Pretty much the only reason I haven't done it already is my Tezzeret 2.0 needing a UB general. I'm so bummed now that he's not mono-U!!

    ReplyDelete